WORK WITH US
Below are all available career and volunteer positions currently offered at steamlabs.
Below are all available career opportunities currently offered at steamlabs.
Capturing the creativity, intensity and fun of STEAMLabs! Tell the stories of our campers and their STEAMlabs adventures through pictures and stories. You will primarily be responsible for capturing and processing high quality images of all campers, activities, special events, and facilities in Toronto. In addition you will document stories of personal development and progress. You will then edit and upload images and stories to be shared with parents on a nightly basis. You may also assist our marketing manager with social media postings. You must have a strong interest in working and engaging with children to get the best shots and stories for our parents, social media and marketing.
Canada Summer Jobs is an initiative of the Youth Employment Strategy, which is the Government of Canada’s commitment to help young people between the ages of 15 and 30, particularly those facing barriers to employment, get the information and gain the skills, work experience and abilities they need to transition successfully into the labour market.
The program provides wage subsidies to employers from not-for-profit organizations, the public-sector, and private sector organizations with 50 or fewer full-time employees, to create quality summer work experiences for young people aged 15 to 30 years.
In delivering on these objectives, the Government of Canada aims to ensure that youth job opportunities funded by the program take place in an environment that respects the rights of all Canadians.
These youth summer work experiences represent important pathways facilitating future transitions to the workforce.
- Travel between program locations to photograph kids, activities, events and facilities.
- Document day to day activities and capture great images for marketing
- Capture stories of personal development and progress
- Ensure key photos are taken of each activity and group as designated by Operations Manager and Digital Marketing Team
- Prepare and upload photos and stories nightly to be shared with parents
- Coordinate with our Digital Marketing team to provide marketing images and content as appropriate
- Collaborate with the rest of the STEAMLabs team and find innovative ways to capture what STEAMLabs does!
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-2 years experience communicating to the public
- 1-2 years photography experience
- Writing skills capturing and sharing the fun and challenge of interesting people, projects and events using multiple platforms and outlets, including social media and some longer format such as blog posts and for print.
- Experience documenting processes and events
- Photoshop / Lightroom and Adobe Premiere or equivalent photo/video editing software experience
- Social media management experience using HootSuite or SproutSocial
BONUS SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Graphic design experience
- Experience working with a non-profit
- Transportation to travel between all three main program locations
- Own digital camera, lenses, tripod
- Support for a cause – tell us how you’ve made the world a better place in small ways or large.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We’re a small, agile team of friendly people with varied skills and experiences.
- The STEAMLabs community is full of interesting tech, and interesting people working on projects
- There is plenty of opportunity to learn, grow and try new things.
- The STEAMLabs Community (members, volunteers, program participants and otherwise) are awesome, and a pleasure and privilege to work with and for.
- We’re a workplace that embraces failure as the most potent form of learning!
- All staff get a membership at the Toronto Tool Library
40 hours per week, to include some occasional evening and weekend work covering events
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume, cover letter, and any relevant links via this form:
Note: We also strive to maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. You are welcome to self-identify in your application.
Date Posted: July 17, 2019
Application Deadline: July 31, 2019
Start Date: August 13, 2019
Sign up for our Newsletter to Stay Up to
Date on New Opportunities
Volunteers are golden-hearted humans who keep our non-profit ticking – they support the execution of youth summer camps at two locations in Toronto! Our summer mentors will work alongside our educators to create a fun, safe and educational summer experience for our campers.
There are no current results.
Please check back soon or sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with what's new at steamlabs.