**** THIS JOB DESCRIPTION WAS WRITTEN PRE-COVID 19. WE WILL BE COMPLYING WITH PUBLIC HEALTH RECOMMENDATIONS TO KEEP NEW AND EXISTING STAFF SAFE – SO REFERENCES TO WHERE YOU ARE WORKING FROM WILL BE UPDATED****
- Digital marketing is your meat, and storytelling is your potatoes. You’re driven by data and deliver through stories. You have a voice that speaks to our space and you’re pedantic about visual and written details. You’re self-directed, efficient, and experimental.
- In this role, you will lead the communications and marketing effort at STEAMLabs by producing and curating killer content and delivering it to our target markets. It’s your job to position STEAMLabs as a thought leader in the world of maker education, share our stories, and engage potential and current customers.
- Meet with our other staff to develop marketing and communications strategies
- Source, write & schedule social media content
- Assist in creation of content for the STEAMLabs website
- Manage STEAMLabs Google Adwords and Analytics accounts
- Produce & send newsletters (Mailchimp)
- Submit STEAMLabs programs to online promotional platforms (eg. Toronto4Kids)
- Interviewing members, attending workshops/classes to take photos/videos, and sniffing out compelling stories in our community
- Create videos (short for twitter and longer for other promotions)
- Write and format blog posts
- Connect with bloggers, media, publications and organizations to share our stories
- Identify and foster relationships with cross-promotional partners, community partners, and schools
- Implement other parts of our marketing and communications strategies
- Collaborate with the rest of the STEAMLabs team and find innovative ways to tell our stories!
Skills and Experience Required:
- The skills and experience we are looking for include:
- 1-2 years experience communicating to the public
- Experience using Google Adwords
- Experience using Google Analytics
- Photography and/or videography experience
- Photoshop and Adobe Premiere or equivalent photo/video editing software experience
- Experience managing multiple professional social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Killer content writing experience (website, blogs, articles, social media)
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Support for a cause – tell us how you’ve made the world a better place in small ways or large.
- Graphic design experience
- Experience with PR (networking, building relationships, writing press releases)
- Experience with social media scheduling tools such as Buffer or Hootsuite
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with Mailchimp
- Experience working with a non-profit
Note: We also strive to maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. You are welcome to self-identify in your application.