The first step to joining STEAMLabs is to have a read of the info here, and sign up for a tour. From there, we can onboard on the spot, or you can take some time to think about it and sign up next time you come in.
Seven days a week access to our 3000 sq ft makerspace, conveniently located downtown at Queen & Spadina.
Access to our on site tools:
- PLA & ABS 3D printrbots (Pay $0.10 / cm³ for PLA or ABS filament)
- 24″ x 12″ foot bed, 40w Epilog CO2 laser cutter (2 free hours/month)
- 36″ x 12″ 100W CO2 laser cutter
- 4′ x 8′ bed, OMNI CNC router with 12′ cut depth (2 free hours/month)
- 6 Singer heavy duty sewing machines
- Soldering irons, hot air rework station and Rigol osilloscope
- Hand tools, power tools & fully equipped wood shop (includes band saw, table saw, compound mitre saw, router table, jointer, planer, drill press, belt sander)
- High speed wifi
- Access to our online community hosted on Slack
- Access to our community Wiki for information sharing and documentation
Other Things To Know
- Equipment training workshops on laser cutter & CNC router safety are required before using the tools independently. The laser training is 2 hours (20% discount) and CNC training is 3 hours (20% discount).
- Additional time with tools costs $10/hour for the laser cutter and $20/hour for the CNC router
- STEAMLabs is a multi-purpose space – we offer workshops for adults and kids, and always leave enough space for community makers to work.
- 20% discount on all workshops as well as discounted space rental for special events.
How much does it cost?
Introductory price of $75 per month, automatically charged each month, and you can cancel at any time for any reason.
Our regular rates are expected to be $95 / month and we’ll give you plenty of notice when new pricing is taking effect.
Sign up for a tour and a meet & greet with one of our STEAMLabs staff today!
p.s. hesitating? Remember, you don’t need to know anything about our tools or technologies to take a look, and you certainly don’t need to know exactly how you want to use the space. We’re here to show you around, and help you figure that out, no matter what level you’re at.