The first step to joining the STEAMLabs community is to have a read of the info here, and sign up for a tour. From there, we can onboard you as a member on the spot, or you can take some time to think about it and sign up next time you come in.
Our Monthly & Yearly Memberships include 7 days a weeks access to our 3000 sq ft makerspace, conveniently located downtown at Queen & Spadina.
Members have access to our on site tools:
- PLA & ABS 3D printrbots (4 free hours/month)
- 34″x48″ foot bed, 150w CO2 laser cutter (2 free hours/month)
- 4’x8′ bed, OMNI CNC router with 12′ cut depth (2 free hours/month)
- 6 Singer heavy duty sewing machines
- soldering irons, hot air rework station and Rigol osilloscope
- hand tools, power tools & fully equipped wood shop (includes band saw, table saw, compound mitre saw, router table, jointer, planer, drill press, belt sander)
- high speed wifi
- access to our online community hosted on Slack
- access to our community Wiki for information sharing and documentation
Other Things To Know
- Equipment training workshops on laser cutter & CNC router safety are required before using the tools independently. The laser training is 2 hours ($60 for members) and CNC training is 3 hours ($90 for members).
- Additional time with tools costs $10/hour for the laser cutter and $20/hour for the CNC router
- STEAMLabs is a multi-purpose space – we offer workshops for adults and kids, and always leave enough space for members to work.
- Members also benefit from a 20% discount on all workshops as well as discounted space rental for special events.
How much does it cost?
Memberships are currently an introductory price of $75 per month, are automatically charged each month, and you can cancel at any time for any reason.
Our regular rates for a full membership is $95 / month or $950 / year and we’ll give you plenty of notice when this price is taking effect.
Sign up for a tour and a meet & greet with one of our STEAMLabs staff today!
p.s. hesitating? Remember, you don’t need to know anything about our tools or technologies to take a look, and you certainly don’t need to know exactly how you want to use the space. We’re here to show you around, and help you figure that out, no matter what level you’re at.