What is this workshop?
Looking for the perfect personalized gift? Or maybe you just want your name on a beer caddy? In this workshop, participants will use illustrator to manipulate and prep beer cutter files for laser cutting. Laser cut pieces can be in wood or acrylic (different colours available). Basic templates will be provided and participants will download and/or design their own personalization images and/or text.
This workshop is for absolute beginners and no experience with laser cutting, illustrator or design is required.
You will learn:
- How to create basic shapes and manipulate them in Illustrator
- Download vector images from the internet and learn how to add them to your designs
- Learn how laser cutters work and how to operate one
- Create your own personalized design using pre-made images and icons
- If you have a background in vector graphics, you’re welcome to produce your own designs from scratch
But what is laser cutting?
Laser cutters take digital designs and cut them precisely into flat materials using a high-powered laser beam. Laser cutters can cut into wood, plastics, fabric, paper and even food. In this class, you’ll be cutting into wood or acrylic. With higher power, the laser beam will cut right through, and with lower power, the laser will etch the surface of the material so that you can add decorations or imagery to your work.