Imagineering After School Club
Meera Balendran Director of Youth ProgramsRead more
Round 1 | Tuesday, September 18 – October 30, 2018
Round 2 | Tuesday, November 6 – December 18, 2018
Round 1 | Wednesday, September 19 – October 31, 2018
Round 2 | Wednesday, November 7 – December 19, 2018
Imagineering Club is a weekday after school program for kids who have lots of ideas and love to make things. At our maker space, Imagineers will learn new technologies and making skills to bring their ideas to life!
New skills are required in the 21st century – problem solving, creativity, and collaboration. We nurture our Imagineers to develop these skills as they are designing and building their projects. Imagineers are resourceful, capable, independent and creative.
The program includes both structured activities and unstructured independent tinkering time using hand tools, craft materials, electronics, online digital tools like scratch and minecraft, and digital fabrication tools (3D printers and the laser cutter).
7 sessions | 7 weeks | 2.5 hours per session
Time | 3:30pm-6pm
STEAMLabs Makerspace 192 Spadina Ave, (Queen and Spadina)
The Maker Bean Cafe, 1052 Bloor St West (Bloor and Dufferin)
AGE GROUP | 6-9 years old
PRICE | $200 / 7 weeks
We offer a limited number of program scholarships. The application deadline is one month before the program begins and we will get back to successful scholarship recipients about 1-2 weeks before the program begins!
- Use tools, craft materials, electronics, online digital tools (eg. minecraft, scratch, tinkerCAD etc), digital fabrication tools (3D printers and laser cutters) to work on projects
- Have their own project book to plan, draw and document their ideas and projects
- Learn how to generate ideas, make a plan and celebrate failures
STEAMLabs teaching philosophy:
- Project-based learning – learning by doing
- Interest-based learning – learning by following your interests
- Peer-to-peer learning – learn from and teach each others in the classroom
- Networked learning – learn by seeking online and offline resources
- Reflect & present – learn by keeping track of your projects and present them to a real audience
STEAMLabs Learning Values:
- Lifelong learning
- Creative Confidence
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org