Imagineering Club is a Tuesday after school program for kids who have lots of ideas and love to make things. At our maker space, Imagineers will learn new technologies and making skills to bring their ideas to life!
New skills are required in the 21st century – problem solving, creativity, and collaboration. We nurture our Imagineers to develop these skills as they are designing and building their projects. Imagineers are resourceful, capable, independent and creative.
The program includes both structured activities and unstructured independent tinkering time using hand tools, craft materials, electronics, online digital tools like scratch and minecraft, and digital fabrication tools (3D printers and the laser cutter).
6 sessions | 6 weeks | 2.5 hours per session
Tuesdays | 3:30pm-6pm
January 16th – February 27th, 2018
WHERE | STEAMLabs Makerspace 192 Spadina Ave, North of Queen
Note: we aim to have a staff member pick up participants right after school at Ogden and Alpha schools and walk them over to STEAMLabs. We need 5 confirmed participants from each school to make this happen.
AGE GROUP | 6-9 years old
PRICE | $200 / 6 weeks
- Use tools, craft materials, electronics, online digital tools (eg. minecraft, scratch, tinkerCAD etc), digital fabrication tools (3D printers and laser cutters) to work on projects
- Have their own project book to plan, draw and document their ideas and projects
- Learn how to generate ideas, make a plan and celebrate failures
STEAMLabs teaching philosophy:
- Project-based learning – learning by doing
- Interest-based learning – learning by following your interests
- Peer-to-peer learning – learn from and teach each others in the classroom
- Networked learning – learn by seeking online and offline resources
- Reflect & present – learn by keeping track of your projects and present them to a real audience
STEAMLabs Learning Values:
- Lifelong learning
- Creative Confidence
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Ready to register?
Don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org